Ivery Arie Writers & Media Internship Program
The Ivery Arie Writers and Media Internship Program is a 12-week program curated to give aspiring and experienced writers & content creators an opportunity to share their work. Ivery Arie is seeking talented writers & content creators with great communication skills and ability to produce timely content. Interns must have strong writing, editing, interviewing and research skills. The interns will be working directly with the Editor in Chief and report to the Content Manager. Interns are expected to plan, expand and execute coverage of vast topics assigned such as career/business, beauty, culture, arts, technology, politics, lifestyle, Ivery Arie events & trending news that apply to the contemporary African women around the world. Interns will be allowed to work remotely and required to submit 5 articles per week covering any of the topics mentioned below for the duration of the internship. All interns will be receiving university credit for this opportunity. This opportunity is unpaid.
Fall Internship: September 1st 2019 – November 17th 2019
How Do You Benefit?
- Expand your writing portfolio at a fast growing Los Angeles based organization
- Direct feedback from the Editor in Chief to sharpen writing skills and enhance article quality
- Opportunity to virtually connect with other African women at home and diaspora
- Special invitations and discounted prices to events hosted by Ivery Arie
- Prominent promotion of your articles across all our platforms
- Bio with links to social media pages to expand your network and connect with others across the globe
- Receive school credit for the completion of our 3 month or 6 month Internship Programs
- Recieve a Letter of Recommendation from the Editor in Chief for future opportunities and jobs
- Opportunity to be exposed to other experiences within Ivery Arie as projects arise
- Ability to work remotely and flexible schedule
- Opportunities for advancement
Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Must submit 4 well written and articulate articles per week on time
- Must be an undergraduate, graduate or recent grad (<3 years) student in the area of Journalism, Public Relations, Media or related studies
- All interns must be self motivated, detail oriented and professional
- Must have strong creative writing, communication, interviewing and researching skills
- Should have an interest in topics and issues related to the African woman around the world
- Proficiency in Word, Google Docs or Notepad
- A team player and knows how to work, communicate and organize a plan
- Can confidently commit to 10 – 15 hours per week remotely.